Keith C. Perry on 7 Feb 2019 17:50:50 -0800

Re: [PLUG] How to Quiet a Server for Desktop Use?

Fan, fans, fans...  that's so 2010.  If you really, REALLY want to get what you want.  You're going to have to go full immersion with a custom enclosure (and heat piping).

No noise, no heat, just power...

(and a whole lot of oil)

Here's a starting point  https://www.pugetsystems.com/submerged.php

If you wanna really be high tech though, you swap out the mineral oil for Sapphire (Novec 1230)   :D

(see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb0Px5YWspc)

Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Managing Member, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033