fred on 27 Feb 2019 13:40:11 -0800

[PLUG] Want to judge a county-wide science fair in March?...

Friends and programmers,

Want to be a volunteer (unpaid) judge at the Montgomery County Science
Fair in Fort Washington on Friday 3/22/2019?

I'll be a judge.  You too?  Should be a blast!

Judges in all categories needed, but especially Computer Science.

Details:
- 62nd Annual Montgomery County Science Research Competition (Science Fair)
- Friday 3/22/2019
  - 9-12   - High School grades 9-12 (Div A, B, C, D)
  - 1:30-5 - Middle School (Div E)
- Germantown Academy Field House,
  340 Morris Road, Fort Washington, PA 19034
- Co-sponsored by:
  - Montgomery County Science Teachers Association
  - Montgomery County Intermediate Unit
- Over 500 students
- Judge for a half-day (AM or PM) or full-day
- Judge the categories you choose:
  - Behavioral & Social Science
  - Biochemistry
  - Botany
  - Chemistry
  - Computer Science
  - Earth and Space
  - Engineering
  - Environmental Science
  - Mathematics
  - Medicine & Health
  - Microbiology
  - Physics
  - Zoology
  - Consumer Science

Apply to be a judge:
- http://bristle.com/Temp/2019-03-22_MontgomeryCountyScienceResearchCompetition_JudgesInformationForm.docx

More info:
- http://bristle.com/Temp/2019-03-22_MontgomeryCountyScienceResearchCompetition_JudgesRecruitmentLetter.docx

Lots of judges needed.  Spread the word!

More info below...
--Fred
Fred Stluka -- Bristle Software, Inc. -- http://bristle.com
#DontBeATrump -- Make America Honorable Again!

On 2/23/19 4:43 PM, paul shelton wrote:
> Fred,
>
> Rebecca is judging this science fair for a second year and we're
> wondering if you or any of you're connections would be interested.
> They are really interested in judges who understand computer science
> as most volunteers tend to be from life sciences (Merck employees or
> current/former science teachers).  Folks like you, JP Vossen, Lee
> Marzke come to my mind.  Although anyone who is interested in
> judging is welcome - not just CS types.  Our daughter was in this
> science fair one year and when I dropped her off for setup, I was
> impressed with the number or entries and the quality.  There are
> some pretty amazing kids out there.  Perhaps you can distribute (and
> plug, no pun intended) to a distro list you think is best.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Paul

LIST INFO:
  This message was sent to list(s):
    Stluka_Local_Friends_List
    Stluka_Java_List
    Stluka_JavaScript_List
    Stluka_SQL_List
    Stluka_NoSQL_List
    Stluka_Philly_Java_List
    Stluka_Android_List
    Stluka_Python_List
    Stluka_Groovy_Grails_List
    Stluka_XML_List
    Stluka_Consultants_List
    Stluka_Jobs_List
    Stluka_Perl_List
    Stluka_CPP_List
    Stluka_ASP_List
    Stluka_VB_List
    Stluka_Unix_List
    Stluka_Cloud_List
    Stluka_Career_Tips_List
    Lee_Marzke_Specifically
    JP_Vossen_Specifically
    PLUG_List
  You are subscribed as: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
  To unsubscribe:  Reply to this message, asking to be removed.
  Archives of tips:  http://bristle.com
  Descriptions of lists:  http://bristle.com/invite.htm
  To subscribe to additional lists:  Reply, specifying list name(s).