Calvin Morrison on 21 May 2019 08:15:25 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Electronics gear

Echoing others here, I have a small electronics setup. I got most of
it from harbor freight and then odds and ends from Adafruit. Don't but
the cheapest soldering iron you can, it's worth it to have something
slightly better. Anyway no real secrets.

Power supply I have a few old HAM radio power supplies that I can use
that give me 12V, but looking into a variable power supply you can
grab them for not to much money on amazon.

Electronic boards + parts I mostly get from Adafruit. Not the cheapest
always but I haven't had any duds. Ordering on Ebay can be cheap but
also I have had quality issues, or ridiculous lead times on parts
coming from China.

Cheers,
Calvin