Michael Leone via plug on 12 Dec 2019 12:41:01 -0800

Re: [PLUG] [just ignore this] W10

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 3:27 PM jeff via plug <plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:
$WORK has mandated Win10 Real Soon Now.
While waiting, I downloaded Microsoft's VM to learn my way around.

It's draconian.
It's an ad platform.
It's a profiler.
It's The Cloud.
You can't do anything without logging into MS first.

You can log into Win10 using local accounts. It's not too intuitive, but you can do I.

I do ...

You can't even change the wallpaper without going online.

Sure you can.  I have a slideshow of my own photos, and I don't go online ..

It's probably a tolerable OS, if it weren't for the intrusiveness.
I'd be saying this same stuff if I didn't use linux.

It's much better than "tolerable". :-)