Keith C. Perry via plug on 19 Dec 2019 14:33:24 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Recommendations for Linux Distro for Content Creation?

The list you mentioned is pretty straight forward.  Most of those items either come with the popular distributions or can be easily obtained via official packages.

OBS is very much a thing on Linux.  I did not know it ran on Windows until I just checked.  You'll probably have to add their repo but the instructions are on the website.

Gaming I know little about.  You might want to do a separate post to get the brains of those in the know on that one.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Managing Member, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167
www.daotechnologies.com

From: "Steven Shim" <sjshim@gmail.com>
To: "Keith C. Perry" <kperry@daotechnologies.com>
Cc: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2019 5:08:18 PM
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Recommendations for Linux Distro for Content Creation?

As I mentioned before,
The Software Application Stack I intend to use:
[Open Source Candidates]
-photo editing
 GIMP
-illustration
Krita
-video editing
(TBD)
-3D modeling
Blender 3D
-digital audio workstation
Not sure, but Audacity will be a piece of it
-podcasting
Not sure
-video streaming
Not sure if OBS Studio plays nicely with Linux

Also need to look into Unity for Linux or some other IDE dev environment for game production/development pipeline.

And when I get bored, is there a way to play Windows games on Linux?
WINE or Crossover are definitely good candidates. What about retro emulators? OpenEMU?

Steve