Tim Allen via plug on 5 Feb 2020 07:59:34 -0800

Re: [PLUG] user accounts for application

Hi Rita, it is normally a best security practice to use a non-database account. The `postgres` user account has special privileges in the default PostgreSQL configuration. For example, as the `postgres` user, you can type `psql` and have a root, superuser role PostgreSQL command prompt. It is fully privileged to do anything and everything to your PostgreSQL instance. Giving Jenkins the ability to do that probably isn't what you want!

Regards,

Tim