Rita via plug on 5 Feb 2020 07:42:22 -0800

[PLUG] user accounts for application

I run a small lab which we use Jenkins to checkout, test, and deploy our software. Jenkins runs as the application id: postgres.

I had a discussion with a colleague and she told me that she prefers running her builds as non-database/application specific user.

Is there a reason why you would want to do this? It creates more hassles but they made be justified. I for one don't see any reason but I could be wrong.