Jonathan Simpson via plug on 12 Feb 2020 12:24:24 -0800

Re: [PLUG] [plug-announce] Tue Feb 11 - PLUG North - "Remedial Math for Programmers" by Walt Mankowski (7pm at CoreDial)

First of all, thank you again Walt for your talk last night. It was interesting, in depth, and I think we had some excellent discussion. I think you did a great job of taking a complex subject and bringing it into an hour talk without it being dry.
Putting a talk together takes time and energy. Anyone who's given a talk knows that, and knows it's not simple to stand up and talk for an hour. I appreciate every time a speaker steps up to give a talk for PLUG or any other group or event. It isn't easy.

I think anyone who's spoken too would agree that sometimes criticism is fine. Constructive criticism is welcome by me when I give a talk, for sure. But comments like we've seen here today are not.

As one of the hosts for North, I'd appreciate it if these speakers, who have given us their time, and stepped forward to present, be shown some respect for the effort they are putting forth, and that anyone who doesn't plan on showing that respect stay home.