brent timothy saner via plug on 16 Feb 2020 09:03:39 -0800

Re: [PLUG] VoIP and phone projects

On 2/14/20 22:48, Chris Thistlethwaite via plug wrote:
> I have a semi odd project that I'm working on. Not exactly sure the
> terminology, but I need to setup a phone menu or decision tree.
> Basically someone calls a number, then listens to prompts (press 1 to do
> this, press 2 to do something else) then more and more menus. This
> includes setting up and hosting the entire system. If you'd like to mail
> me off list I can give you more details. Some have mentioned
> https://www.asterisk.org/ or https://www.twilio.com/ but looking for
> some local help

This is called IVR:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interactive_voice_response

I unfortunately don't think I have the time to dedicate to set this up
for you but I know we have a couple VoIP/PBX admins on the list, or at
least those with experience.

If you want "easy-mode" and don't have any overly complex requirements
for the project, the following are web-GUI-based configuration that
simplifies a lot of aspects.

https://www.freepbx.org/get-started/ (for asterix)
https://www.fusionpbx.com/ (for freeswitch)

There was also Trixbox CE, which was nice, but that hasn't been
developed since 2012 and is officially dead.