Rich Freeman via plug on 18 Feb 2020 06:49:26 -0800

Re: [PLUG] FSF ftw

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 8:51 AM jeff via plug
<plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:

> FSF sent a hard drive to MS, demanding source code for Win 7 be put on
> it and returned. Offers help to MS - all they have to do is ask.

Honestly, I liked them better when they just advocated avoiding the
use of proprietary software.  This comes across as being entitled to
somebody else's creative work and doing childish PR stunts.

If they want to do PR, they should try promoting GNU, which is
something their volunteers created, rather than whining that other
people aren't giving them free stuff.

Or if they want to take this line just do what they seemed to be doing
at first and post something mostly-positive about how with the end of
Win7 MS has an opportunity to donate to the FOSS community stuff that
is less commercially relevant to them, which could still do others a
lot of good.  Then just leave it at that.

--
Rich