Adam Zion via plug on 15 Mar 2020 18:34:42 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] Open Source Home Automation
- From: Adam Zion via plug <email@example.com>
- To: PLUG <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [PLUG] Open Source Home Automation
- Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2020 21:33:58 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=sj7vN8ROcJl0hl/1yjyWM0bvuZm4UG/WlEb/q/8/gy8=; b=q4k4IkQ9j4IG3zXmAxVMp8U9O1AlfQj0H7vJfw0AP1b2pOc20eh1KpJwKs0AQC9c/U W64VZq9Np4nXzEMgWmPiQuiEC0nwXn9TTSU5sChlJRTiqAzBj3Mk8LibmYpyMFXM5DSg wacXT8nEDAlaCvf2dMmVNbO3H6zpJ0zUS/vmVOauHlWYGMPn+MpQ0fQc2tWlHWQ5NNqW 30+VHoBJaPWN2OzXU1U7RLJ5t3ePWb1vP+tDbKQxDd3OyFG+5UcCYLo9HvngjHeDfUeZ NFCpRo8wb5tXtLfcXXJmlDNZ6hSPTw/qgOPizahO0MRuPMVp1NDOfGFdgGlSt6I3j9al QmdQ==
- Reply-to: Adam Zion <email@example.com>
- Sender: "plug" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
While I was at Home Despot (heh) today picking up some lightbulbs, I saw the rather large collection of various smart bulbs that they had, and thought to myself: why not give that a try? At the simplest end, I can have outside lights go on and off automatically as the sun rises and sets, and inside ones, too, to make the place look occupied even when it isn't. On the more ambitious end, I can see myself investing in a connected thermostat, robot vacuum, camera, etc.
So, the question is: have any PLUGgers experimented with a solution like openHAB, Eventghost, or the like? If so, what did you think?
Many thanks in advance,
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug