Walt Mankowski via plug on 30 Mar 2020 17:21:12 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Virtual Plug?

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 07:56:18PM -0400, Steve Litt via plug wrote:
> My experience is that Jitsi is extremely picky. On my (Void) Linux
> computer, only Chromium works. Also, our Greater Orlando Linux User
> Group (GoLUG) Jitsi server I can use the microphone on my webcam, but
> on meet.jit.si that microphone is not recognized, and instead I need to
> use a standalone USB microphone that acts as another sound card with
> input only.

That was my experience in testing it out as well. My only computer
with a webcam is my MacBook Pro. It put up warnings and didn't work
well with either Safari or Firefox, but seemed to work OK in Chrome.

As far as I can tell pretty much any platform we choose is going to
have some sort of issue or might not work for everyone. I think this
month's meeting is likely to be a learning experience for everyone. If
Jitsi works, great. If not, we'll pick something else for the next
meeting.

Walt