Eric H. Johnson via plug on 14 Apr 2020 16:14:30 -0700

Re: [PLUG] very large laptop

Jeff,

Don't have a solution, just commenting that is the same notebook I am replacing the sparked the recent dual boot thread. It was overheating too. The fan in that notebook is the least accessible I have ever seen. You literally have to disassemble the entire notebook to get at it. I certainly understand why it isn't worth trying to fix the fan.

My recent experience, for use with Linux, is to watch out for notebooks with SSDs, and make sure others have had success in getting Linux to install to that hardware.

Best of luck,
Eric

I have an HP Elitebook, with 17" monitor.
It weighs as much as a Hyundai. It's starting to overheat and it's 8 years old.

So I'm looking for a replacement for a desktop replacement.
Important parts: 17" display, 16RAM, number pad, backlit kbd would be nice, linux-friendly, under 1k would be great-used is fine

I don't care how much it weighs or battery life, thinness, color, gaming, high perf graphics

Recommendations?
Got one to sell?

Thanks.