Keith C. Perry via plug on 25 Apr 2020 09:26:44 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Gluster best practices?

+1 to Rich on this one.

A major plus about the LizardFS is that not only do they have shadow server which is up and active (meaning the master server is also running but just in shadow mode), you can also have any number of metaloggers that just holds your metadata.

On my net, I have the master, shadow and 1 metalogger, while each of those could be separate, in my case each server is also storing data.  This allows you have to have pretty high redundancy of your all important metadata in a very small setup.

Once the high availability goes ga in the community version LizardFS will really be very slick product.

Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Managing Member, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167