Keith C. Perry via plug on 28 Apr 2020 14:29:53 -0700

Re: [PLUG] download from WHERE?

I wouldn't make anything of it. Its been many more years getting Windows to run on kvm which is not only more mature but also the more secure way to run Windows.

See, short rant. :D

I've also done Eric's face off with business owners- Linux on Windows vs. Windows on Linux more from a long term management, financial and security point of view. The bigger question in 2008 was more about virtualizing in the first place and Microsoft virtualization tech was in its infancy back then. That was a easy argument to win. Not only that, by 2012, I was doing things in kvm that no one else was doing with MS solutions... like virtualizing OES2 or using kvm for Windows imaging.

I get it but when I've needed to run Linux on Windows, the solution was VirtualBox. That is also a mature product. While I'm sure whatever MS is doing "works", I don't trust them as a company.  I'm always going to point people to MS alternatives (FOSS or not) just like I'm always going to point people to Cisco alternatives.

Still a short rant. :)

Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Managing Member, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033