Fred Stluka via plug on 5 May 2020 11:48:04 -0700

Re: [PLUG] retro game emulation | [was[ Re: download from WHERE?

Nice!  Apollo Domain/IX was GREAT!

Fully programmable keyboard, so back in 1987 we all wrote our
own key-chording combos.  Mine was a half-complete emulation
of VAX/VMS's EDT editor with GOLD key and all.  So my fingers
didn't need to learn a new editor.  And the editing keys worked
EVERYWHERE -- in the native "pad editor", vi, Unix shell, email,
etc.

Also:
- Fantastic NFS networking
- True peer-to-peer server-less environment
- Incredible "make" tool that distributed compile jobs across
   the various peer workstations
- DSEE version control system built right into the file system.
   Could checkin/checkout, access old versions, by default get
   latest versions, etc.  All using normal Unix filename syntax.

Truly ground-breaking stuff!

Then HP bought Apollo and threw it all away....  Bummer!

BTW, George, the explicit Reply-To field on you email is causing
all replies to go only to you, not to the list.  Ordinarily, when I
do a simple Reply in Thunderbird it goes to the poster, and when
I do a Reply-All, it goes to the poster AND the list.  But with your
explicit Reply-To field, even Reply-All goes only to you.  I had to
explicitly add PLUG as an additional "To".  FYI.

--Fred
Fred Stluka
Bristle Software, Inc.
http://bristle.com 		#DontBeATrump #SadLittleDonny