Walt Mankowski via plug on 5 May 2020 18:02:10 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Setting up ipv6 on ubuntu 20.04

On Tue, May 05, 2020 at 08:57:22PM -0400, Soren Harward wrote:
> On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 8:40 PM Walt Mankowski via plug <
> plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:
>
> > Outgoing ipv6 seems to be working fine. However, I can only receive
> > incoming ipv6 connections from within my LAN (basically, my
> > laptop). DD-WRT has very few ipv6 settings so I thought it might be
> > getting blocked by the firewall on my linux box.
> >

> Have you checked the ipv6 firewall settings on the router?  I know that
> OpenWRT's default is that ipv6 behaves similarly to NAT'd IPv4: outgoing
> connections okay, incoming connections not.

I don't see any ipv6 firewall settings on the router. In fact the
DD-WRT online documentation [1] implies there aren't any:

  Keep in mind it can be dangerous to enable IPv6 without also having
  a firewall on each client that handles IPv6 packets, or having
  ip6tables on your router to filter incoming connections. ip6tables
  is NOT included by default with DD-WRT, which means your clients
  will be directly exposed to the Internet once you have enabled IPv6.

1. https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/IPv6