jeffv via plug on 26 Jun 2020 18:58:26 -0700

[PLUG] Grub

Bit of a problem

Sda: (dual boot)
Sda1: tiny partition. Ntfs
Sda2: win. Ntfs
Sda3: lin. Ext4

Sdb Ext4, i think
All Extended

Sdb installed recently. When i removed it, I got the grub prompt. I sure didn't put boot files on it.

After boot rescue i can get into win. There's a choice for lin but it goes right to grub. When i do 'ls', instead of the drives, i get a list of win files.

I also tried rescatux, with no luck. When it tried to correct things there was an error installing grub, but i didn't have a need to know what it was.

I've done all sorts of research, but it doesn't apply or work. It seems like it should be so easy, as there's a choice of which to boot. I have to hook sda3 to the lin side of the boot choice. It's just not working out or i goofed

Ideas welcome.
Thanks

--
Sent from my non iDevice