jeff via plug on 7 Jul 2020 05:17:24 -0700

Re: [PLUG] sys76

On 7/4/20 6:01 PM, JP Vossen via plug wrote:
System76 laptop...what?  And did you give their PopOS a try?

No, I've got my hands full with Gnome. I'm sure people love it, but I am not among them.

I'm typing this on a probably 10+ yo System76 Wild Dog, and we have similar age laptop (at the time Chinese clone) and 2 Meerkats (MythTV and backup servers).  They've all been great.  You pay extra for no Winblows and their Linux testing and integration, but they are worth it.

If I can get my preferred desktop working, I'll be happy.
Syndaemon next. Touchpad feels huge.

NVMe drives are tiny. Never knew they existed til now.