christine via plug on 10 Jul 2020 18:25:54 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Remote to an Ubuntu desktop

X2Go has always been good for me. Also, any VNC client.

All my best,
Christine

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 9:23 PM Walt Mankowski via plug <plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:
Hi,

My workstation at work is running Ubuntu 18.04. I usually ssh into it
over our VPN and that's fine, but I realized today that I could have
saved myself a rare (and today, very wet) trip into work if I had a
way to run the equivalent of Windows Remote Desktop. Nothing like
walking a few blocks through several inches of flooding water to focus
the mind on alternative solutions!

Anyone have any suggestions of packages I should look at? I don't need
to do anything fancy, mostly just drag some files from nautilus to a
browser tab in Firefox.

Walt