brent timothy saner via plug on 31 Jul 2020 09:14:01 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Warning: Don't update grub 2

On 7/31/20 07:08, Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy via plug wrote:
> Thanks for the update.  I'm sure that Arch has the same problem and it
> is not wise to do a full system upgrade for a day or two.
>
> Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy

I don't think it does, actually. The way Arch and RHEL/CentOS update
GRUB2 entries is entirely different (as Arch doesn't even keep mulitple
kernels).

It's not so much an issue with GRUB code as it is with GRUB's
*configuration* as done in a post-install process on RHEL/CentOS and
filename issues. Arch doesn't do any of that.