Casey Bralla via plug on 19 Sep 2020 13:16:57 -0700

[PLUG] Virtual Terminal vs Byobu

I've been playing around with Byobu on an old Pentium III machine that
just doesn't have the stuff to install Gentoo GUI.  I am running without
X at all.  I am finding that the keybindings for Byobu are being
intercepted and used by the command line instead.

For example, from the Linux command line, Alt-F1 selects the first
virtual terminal and Alt-F12 selects the 12th terminal. Unfortunately,
Byobu understands Alt-F12 to toggle mouse control.

When I press Alt-F12, it is grabbed by the Linux command and selects the
12th terminal instead of sending it to Byobu to toggle the mouse.

How does Linux grab these Alt-Fx combinations?  Where is that data
stored?  Can I shut that behavior off?

TIA