Steve Litt via plug on 19 Sep 2020 18:36:21 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Virtual Terminal vs Byobu

On Sat, 19 Sep 2020 16:16:40 -0400
Casey Bralla via plug <plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:

> I've been playing around with Byobu on an old Pentium III machine that
> just doesn't have the stuff to install Gentoo GUI.  I am running
> without X at all.  I am finding that the keybindings for Byobu are
> being intercepted and used by the command line instead.
>
> For example, from the Linux command line, Alt-F1 selects the first
> virtual terminal and Alt-F12 selects the 12th terminal. Unfortunately,
> Byobu understands Alt-F12 to toggle mouse control.
>
> When I press Alt-F12, it is grabbed by the Linux command and selects
> the 12th terminal instead of sending it to Byobu to toggle the mouse.
>

> How does Linux grab these Alt-Fx combinations?  Where is that data
> stored?  Can I shut that behavior off?

Just in case you can't shut off the behaviors you mention, I think you
could change byobu's hotkeys within byobu's config file.

By the way, just from the man page, byobu reminds me of DESQview from
Quarterdeck. I got a tour of the Quarterdeck headquarters once.

SteveT

Steve Litt
http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive