Walt Mankowski via plug on 22 Oct 2020 11:37:51 -0700

[PLUG] Linux mount of Windows share keeps dropping

Hi,

At work my desktop runs ubuntu 18.04.5. We're encouraged to keep most
of our work on a Windows share (the "H drive") because it's
automatically backed up and can be mounted anywhere.

I mount the share with the following command (with obvious changes):

  sudo /sbin/mount.cifs //path/to/share ~/H_drive/ -o
  username=<username>,dom=<dom>,uid=$USER,forceuid,gid=$USER,forcegid,dynperm,nobrl,vers=1.0

This worked fine for about a year, but lately it's been disconnecting
constantly after just a short period of idle. As you can imagine it's
quite frustrating and disruptive having to constantly umount and
re-mount the drive many times a day.

I've opened a ticket with our IT department, but since we're primarily
a Windows shop there's a good chance they won't know the answer. (Plus
there's a 3 day turnaround for help tickets!)

In the meantime I was wondering if anyone might have run into this
problem and if they have any ideas for fixes.

Thanks.

Walt