Rich Freeman via plug on 8 Dec 2020 11:18:10 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Defaulting the domain for a name lookup

On Tue, Dec 8, 2020 at 2:10 PM K.S. Bhaskar via plug
<plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:

> Rich –
>
> This is what /etc/resolv.conf says:
>
> # cat /etc/resolv.conf
> # Generated by NetworkManager
> search mybands.local
> nameserver 127.0.0.53
> #
>
> But this is after my last post, when I reported on the hack of statically assigning the IPv6 address that the system booted up with.

Interesting, I'd think that this should cause applications to search
mybands.local automatically.  I thought that was more a glibc thing
than a DNS thing.  But I haven't looked into that.

I also have near-zero experience with NetworkManager, so I'm not sure
if it is doing anything.  I'm not sure if it can run its own DNS
resolver separate from systemd-resolved.

--
Rich