Joe Rosato via plug on 18 Dec 2020 21:45:25 -0800

Re: [PLUG] CentOS

1. Is it true that redhat is running more of the show than IBM? I heard that a couple of times about the purchase. I have my doubts.

2. Since CentOSs death was proceeded by forcing RHSM on all and moving away from RHN, is the goal to more away from the stewardship model(how it all started) to an ownership model(more of an IBM thing)?

3. And since linux is licenced under gpl 2.0, where you are allowed to make $$ off it - provided you don't make proprietary changes and then NOT release them back to the community... Can there be problems in the future as they pull away from the community?

Joe 😁