Soren Harward via plug on 12 Jan 2021 16:35:57 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Is there a better alternative LATEX?

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 6:43 PM John Karr via plug <plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:
As I learn more about Latex, I'm
increasingly disappointed by the things that it doesn't do, or is buggy
about.

I'm curious about what "bugs" you've run into, because after several decades of using LaTeX, I've always found what I thought was a "bug" is either (1) I haven't found the package that already does what I want LaTeX to do, or (2) I'm trying to violate good practices of WYSIWYM, tying content too tightly to presentation.

(2) happens sometimes.  LaTeX isn't the right tool for every situation.  When it's not — when presentation is more important than I can do with LaTeX — I've used Scribus.

--
Soren Harward