H Mottaleb via plug on 13 Jan 2021 07:50:47 -0800

Re: [PLUG] I need help with configuring Raid on Ubuntu server 20.04

So you’re saying, I should install everything as stated in the guide and symlink? What is symlink and how would I configure that? Also, what am I symlinking?

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 10:24 AM, Rich Freeman <r-plug@thefreemanclan.net> wrote:

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 10:15 AM H Mottaleb <h_mottaleb@yahoo.com> wrote:

> And I’m following this guide to install geth and Prysm. Can you tell if the directories created in the guide are in the root?
>
> https://medium.com/@someresat/guide-to-staking-on-ethereum-2-0-ubuntu-prysm-56f681646f74?source=linkShare-1b80dd8f64a7-1610470887&_branch_match_id=686573580223904669

By default, I'm guessing that all of /var is on root on Ubuntu, and so
/var/lib/goethereum would be on root.

You could just symlink that someplace else, mount something else on
that path, or edit config files to use some other path.  Or you could
make your root a lot bigger.  Mounting or symlinking would probably be
the simplest/cleanest solution.

I'm not familiar with prysm.  /var/lib/prysm would probably also be on
root.  That isn't a big deal if it is small.  The issue with geth is
that it stores the entire blockchain which is hundreds of GB right now
and keeps getting bigger.  (IMO this is a weakness of blockchain
solutions in general unless they support running on a trimmed chain.
That is a lot of data for what is essentially a client-side solution.)

--
Rich