Keith C. Perry via plug on 14 Jan 2021 12:42:06 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Ubuntu backup strategy

I think I saw from your screen shots that you are using an ext4 filesystem.  You might want to take a look at this:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/5401/which-tool-to-backup-an-ext4-partition

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Managing Member, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167
www.daotechnologies.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "H Mottaleb via plug" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2021 3:34:02 PM
Subject: [PLUG] Ubuntu backup strategy

I have a Dell poweredge R510 server configured with Raid 5 + a hot spare running an Ethereum node. The setup took a while but the Eth1 chain takes a few days to download.

I’m wondering if there is a way I can back up the system that would retain all the settings and would also backup the chain? So, in case of a system failure, I can start the new system they would only require a few quick updates.