jeffv via plug on 15 Jan 2021 09:54:35 -0800

[PLUG] car tracking

brief research shows disabling the car's GPS should do it. Remember that you still have your cell phone and possibly handheld GPS unit, so you're not shutting those off.

Thus far, the recommended course is purchasing a GPS detector to locate the device. Price range is $35-800. Even with the low end, the bonus is it will locate transmitters, spy GPS, and cameras. Warning: does not come with or detect tin foil hat.

Run the detector around the car during 2 different times or when you know the GPS is xmitting. Find it. Remove it. Test.

The other way is to purchase a GPS blocker. I'd prefer to remove my GPS.
Some of these GPSes can disable your ignition. This will become apparent when you try to start the car.

Will advise when I get mine pulled.
If I purchase the detector, you're welcome to stop by for a sweep.