Robert via plug on 24 Feb 2021 19:38:28 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Backup solution

Hello again,

I decided to go with restic as my backup solution. During my searching to get familiar with restic I've come across a script that I use for restic and I thought I would share.

The script I found and use is rescript and can be found here:

https://gitlab.com/sulfuror/rescript.sh <https://gitlab.com/sulfuror/rescript.sh>

What I did was install everything and then run several tests to make sure everything is working.  Then I made my disk backup as before with dd.  Now I just let rescript do nightly backups.

Restoration is now simple and I can restore which ever backup I want.  Thanks again to everyone for their suggestions.
I'm still thinking about moving to XFS.  :)

--

Regards,
Robert

Smile, it increases your face value.........