Matt Mossholder via plug on 29 Mar 2021 06:53:35 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Windows driver for ext2/ext3

<snip>
On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 6:37 PM Rich Mingin (PLUG) <plug@frags.us> wrote:
Unfortunately I've only had experience with dodgy, issue-ful, and extremely limited extX drivers for Windows, and with 10 requiring signed drivers or extensive twiddling, I don't see it getting any easier.

I've had better luck getting Linux to RW ntfs than Windows reading any Linux filesystems, and I generally just move things across the network anymore, for that reason. If I have externals, they tend to be formatted exfat for the smaller ones and ntfs for the big ones, as those are the easiest wildcard filesystems. Exfat isn't terribly robust, but it's better than FAT32 and RW pretty much every OS, and ntfs is RO under macos, and sometimes RO under Linux, but it's the least work.