JP Vossen via plug on 20 Mar 2021 12:28:32 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Windows driver for ext2/ext3

On 3/20/21 10:48 AM, Eric Lucas via plug wrote:
I believe I'm just going to buy (or build) a NAS and share things the easy way!

Topical, though perhaps overkill and some folks will complain about using EXT4.  :-)
https://www.sharms.org/posts/software-raid/

We've also talked about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freenas in the list before, and we've had some presos though IIRC they were more focused on backing up FreeNAS itself to AWS S3.    I'm a FreeNAS fan and we use it at work in a lab with something like 50TB on it.

But again that might be overkill.  An rPi4 with a *good* power supply and a USB3 hard drive, running Raspian, and <insert other tools here> might be fine (but not speedy).  Other tools might include Samba, BackupPC, Restic, or lots of other things.  rPi4-8G + 5T USB3 disk + BackupPC + rsync are what power (just barely) my current backup server.

Later,
JP