Steve Litt via plug on 4 Jun 2021 12:37:56 -0700

Re: [PLUG] System unbootable after Kubuntu 20.04 update and reboot

Eric Lucas via plug said on Thu, 3 Jun 2021 17:19:53 -0400

>It requested a reboot and when I rebooted it very quickly came to a
>black screen with a single underline cursor in the top left corner.
>There is no GUI. There are no virtual consoles. Zero response to any
>inputs.

Personally, this is why I boot to non-GUI CLI (virtual terminal), and
then run startx. Booting is a complex and failure-risky operation, so I
like to have booting as simple as possible.

SteveT

Steve Litt