Steve Litt via plug on 1 Sep 2021 18:14:14 -0700

[PLUG] What I learned at the PLUG meeting tonight

Here are my notes from the meeting tonight:

* Ventoy for universal USB Boot

* CMU Sphinx for voice to text on Linux

* espeak for text to speech on Linux

* Festival for text to speech on Linux

* Xclip for more effective copy and paste

* Jekyll for static websites and blogs

* Geany editor

* Ways to make LUGs more inclusive.
    * Why Linux groups are losing members
        * One problem is Linux has become easy
        * Everybody knows Linux now
        * But there is still room for Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
            * Software Defined Radio on Linux
            * Sound studio on Linux
            * Etc
    * Solutions:
        * Develop SIGs
        * Have meetings address the SIG interests

Great meeting, thanks!

SteveT

Steve Litt