Eric Lucas via plug on 28 Sep 2021 16:58:11 -0700

[PLUG] Printer hassle - solved with a perl hack

I run KDE and I basically love it.

One recurring problem I've had with it is that some applications (looking at you Okular!) keep insisting on A4 paper when printing. You can set every single page configuration to 'Letter' - it makes no difference. I can go to the printer and press a few buttons to switch it to Letter , however, I have to do that for every print.

Point made: it's a pain in the [unspecified anatomical reference].

While searching for an answer I ran across the following post. It's a bit "hackish" for a production system but, hey, this is my workstation so I'll hack it if I want to!

It works amazingly well and is simple to implement (it takes more time to read the post than it does to make the change.)  Bonus: it works for ANY application on the system that asks for A4 paper.

If you have this type of problem this might just be the answer you're looking for!
The post:  https://ansuz.sooke.bc.ca/entry/371

Eric Lucas