Adam Zion via plug on 21 Oct 2021 07:37:50 -0700

[PLUG] Annoying Ubuntu/Win10 boot problem

Basic problem: 1 computer, 2 SSD boot drives, 1 HDD data drive. 1 SSD contains Win10, the other Ubuntu. I need to switch back + forth between the 2. But, for some reason, the only way I can convince my PC to boot from the Win SSD is to unplug the Ubuntu one, which clearly isn't a sustainable solution.

If I boot w/the Ubuntu drive connected, GRUB2 does give me the option to boot to Ubuntu or the Windows boot manager. But, if I select the latter, it bombs w/"a required device isn't connected or can't be accessed." I look in BIOS settings, and the Win SSD isn't listed as an option. If I unplug the Ubuntu drive, Windows boot manager loads and gives me the option to boot Ubuntu or Windows, but the former doesn't work since the Ubuntu drive isn't connected.

Any thoughts for how I can fix this? Obviously, getting GRUB2 to work would be ideal, and likely easier than fixing Windows boot mangler.

Many thanks,
-Z

--
Adam+Zion, MSIS