Chad Waters via plug on 23 Oct 2021 08:25:29 -0700

Re: [PLUG] protecting against wifi attacks

On Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 9:59 PM Michael Lazin via plug <plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:
I am using DD-WRT and have things locked down.  I am experiencing intermittent outages that I believe may be due to attacks going on in the building, it may be nothing, but wired Internet works fine, and we have neighbors with hackerish Wi-Fi hotspot names, so I suspect something phishy.  Does anyone have a recommendation for an intro Wi-Fi forensics on Linux?  I have never looked for an attack out of thin air, but I am comfortable with things like tcpdump and wireshark.

I would check your APs logs first. I don’t run DD-WRT but there maybe indications there.