Steve Litt via plug on 20 Nov 2021 13:24:22 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Mountain Everest Keyboards

JP Vossen via plug said on Sat, 20 Nov 2021 02:37:04 -0500

>On 11/19/21 9:02 PM, Casey Bralla via plug wrote:
>> I've been thinking about getting one of these fancy keyboards for
>> Christmas, but I wonder if the darn thing will work at all without
>> being hooked to Windows box.  Does anybody know?
>>
>> https://us-mountainggshop.com/collections/everest-keyboards/products/everest-max
>>
>> I was hoping that the programming was stored in the keyboard so that
>> I could program it on a Windows 10 box, then move it to my Linux
>> machine. Anybody know if this is possible?
>
>It looks like this one is more expensive, but it's 100% open source
>and US made: https://system76.com/accessories/launch

$285.00.

That's OK if you go back to 1987 practices and:

* Never eat near your keyboard.
* Never drink near your keyboard.
* Never let others use your keyboard.
* Never put your feet up on the desk.
* Always wash your hands before using the keyboard.
* Always cover your keyboard when not in use.

Meanwhile, if you like mechanical keyboards, there's this reboot of the
IBM model M clickity-clack:

https://www.pckeyboard.com/page/product/NEW_M

SteveT

Steve Litt