Lynn Bradshaw via plug on 18 Dec 2021 18:03:01 -0800

Re: [PLUG] tutorials, root in Ubuntu

I was looking into GNUPG lately. The amount of work that went into
creating such a thing needs to be respected but it hasn't aged too
well. Here is an updated, easier to use equivalent:

https://github.com/FiloSottile/age

It's implemented in Go but there is also a Rust version too (rage).
Both implementations seem to offer a good deal of information
security.

One thing: when you make your key pair in a file, you'll first only
see the public key as output. But the private key is also in that file
and you can make full use of asymmetric encryption. Just one other
thing: age (or rage) are both, AFAICT, based on elliptic curve
cryptography and that means that not even the NSA and their probable
use of Shor's algorithm to factor huge semiprime numbers can snoop on
your data. And it's all made much easier for the user.