Lynn Bradshaw via plug on 20 Dec 2021 10:04:20 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Log4j news, lsof, sed, inxi

sed isn't terrible per se. I used it here:

https://github.com/readyready15728/misc/blob/master/epub-recompression.md

It was also accompanied by Ruby, a spiritual successor in part to
Perl. Perl was meant to take over for sed and awk and various other
tools, as was Ruby. So, there's a trade-off: Unix tools that are
available pretty much anywhere with no need for administrative action,
scripted or otherwise, or more general and powerful ones that may
require some extra effort or permissions.

It's probably ideal that we know both sed and awk as well as Perl (or
even Perl 6 aka "Raku") and Ruby but I'll leave you to it.