Tim Allen via plug on 30 Dec 2021 19:19:59 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Sad news about Nathan Barwell (Darxus)

I'm sorry to just be hearing this now - awful news. Nathan was a huge help to me when I was just getting into Linux, and when I ended up as IT Director of a bank unexpectedly when a few people got hired away at the same time.

I'm friends with a former girlfriend of his. She was the maid of honor in my wedding. I will let her know. We lost a truly kind soul today.

For those on the list who don't know, I'm an alcoholic / addict in long-term recovery. I'll throw this out there, just in case: if anyone out there is suffering from alcoholism or addiction of any kind, please reach out. I'm always available to chat in confidence. It is statistically nearly impossible that there isn't an active addict on this list, if not many: you don't have to go through this alone.

Thanks for letting us know. Regards,

Tim

On Thu, Dec 23, 2021 at 5:23 PM Michael Toren via plug <plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 23, 2021 at 10:42:46AM -0500, Adam Schaible via plug wrote:
> Michael (or anyone else): any idea how much longer his website is going to stay
> up? Or do we not worry about things like that anymore thanks to the Internet
> Archive?

Hi Adam,

We're not sure right now how long the server will stay up, but I have a
login on in, and I made a snapshot of /var/www/chaosreigns.com.  So at the
very least, we'll be able to easily throw up a mirror somewhere if it goes
down.  The Internet Archive mirror also appears to be working.

Thanks,
-mct