Rev. LeRoy Cressy via plug on 5 Jan 2022 07:31:46 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Open source Mail client

On Tue, 2022-01-04 at 15:39 -0500, jeffv via plug wrote:
> Evolution is pretty close. I think it's OS.
> I prefer Thunderbird.
>
> Good luck.

Evolution:
Is extremely slow when accessing protonmail bridge and gmail but on
sending mail it will automatically sign the contents of your mail with
gpg --clear-sign which is great.  If attachments are included the
message will be signed with a detached signature.

K Mail:
Much faster than Evolution but will not clear-sign a message but will
insist upon signing with a detached signature.

Thunderbird:
Mozilla Thunderbird is extremely fast and advertises that it supports
GnuPG but does not work like Enigmail attachment used to work.
Thunderbird does very poorly with signing email.

I personally use Thunderbird for reading email, and Evolution when
sending email when I want the message signed.

We used to have great key signings at the old plug meetings.

Have a great day :-)

- --
 Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy
 mailto:rev.cressy@prontonmail.com

 /\_/\
( o.o )
 > ^ <

Cell Phone: 267-668-9686

GnuPG Fingerprint:
D234 65D6 2822 211B F82F  A6CA B332 4CC8 ACBF D200

You can find me on the following:

Social Media:
    minds.com:
	https://www.minds.com/lrcressy/