Lynn Bradshaw via plug on 18 Jan 2022 23:27:56 -0800

[PLUG] "I automated my job over a year ago and haven't told anyone."

https://www.reddit.com/r/antiwork/comments/s2igq9/i_automated_my_job_over_a_year_ago_and_havent/

The poster wisely used an explicit throwaway account. There are entire
*news* articles about this mystery figure making ~$90k / year gross
while doing about 10 minutes of work / day and making sure everything
gets done proper. I don't see the problem. Probably not many of you
others do either. Maybe nobody.

I can't help but think of the Monk from the General Prologue of the
"Canterbury Tales" by Geoffrey Chaucer, a classic work of Middle
English literature:

https://www.shmoop.com/study-guides/literature/canterbury-tales-prologue/the-monk

Basically imagine that Monk archetype (or the Prioress if you prefer),
except the earned laziness translates into all required clerical
duties being carried out fully while the "Monk" (or, alternatively,
the "IT pro") can just engage in various sorts of frivolous side
activities.

Again, probably almost no one objects. But the reactions should be golden.