Lynn Bradshaw via plug on 29 Jan 2022 16:36:31 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Funny publicly available Unix humor text remembered recently

Regardless of what anyone thinks of Richard Stallman today (and my
stance is that he definitely needs to change certain things about
himself but there needs to be due process if any of the most serious
allegations against him have weight), I really have my hats off to the
GNU project. A lot of the reputation of Unix as having a garbage user
experience seems to be from things like expecting every line of
characters to have 79 or maybe 80 characters besides '\0' and the
ensuing chaos when such an assumption was inevitably violated. All
from big commercial companies. Then the FSF showed up and not merely
undid all those mistakes but added more features and released it "free
as in freedom" and typically even "free as in free beer".