Casey Bralla via plug on 29 Mar 2022 05:45:52 -0700

[PLUG] Surveillance Security Camera Software

I'm starting to set up a series of home security cameras.  The cameras will be a mix of raspberry pi's + commercial cameras.  I want to get high resolution videos, so this means I'll be generating a TON of video data, most of which is not interesting.

I'm looking for software that will detect movement and record the video when something moves, while not recording hours of my empty back yard.

A quick search has turned up several possibilities.  However, setting any of these up doesn't seem like a trivial task.  I'd love to get some recommendations from the group before diving in to one of these beasts.

So far, I've considered

Any recommendations from the group?

TIA!