Casey Bralla via plug on 18 Apr 2022 09:30:50 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Mute button in conferencing apps may not actually mute your mic

This reminds me of one of my favorite Sci-fi stories, "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" by Robert Heinlein where the self-aware computer (Mike, aka Microft Holmes) listens in on the telephone receivers even though the phones are on the hook.  Naturally, everybody thinks they have privacy when the phone is hung up, not realizing that Mike is listening all the time to all the phones.