jeffv via plug on 22 Apr 2022 08:42:47 -0700

[PLUG] new Ubuntu, Docker servers hacked, Flatpak Ubuntu, Zero Trust

Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Official Flavors Released, Here’s What’s New

https://9to5linux.com/ubuntu-22-04-lts-official-flavors-released-heres-whats-new

Installed Ubuntu 22.04? Do These Things Next!

https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2022/04/installed-ubuntu-22-04-do-these-things-next

Docker servers hacked in ongoing cryptomining malware campaign

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/docker-servers-hacked-in-ongoing-cryptomining-malware-campaign/

Docker APIs on Linux servers are being targeted by a large-scale Monero crypto-mining campaign from the operators of the Lemon_Duck botnet.

Ubuntu Founder Explains Why It Won’t Support Flatpak

https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2022/04/ubuntu-wont-support-flatpak-anytime-soon

Flatpak’s wouldn’t work for us. I don’t think they have the security story and I also don’t think they have the ability to deliver the same integrity of execution over time that Snaps have

Zero-Trust For All: A Practical Guide

https://threatpost.com/zero-trust-guide/179377/

How to use zero-trust architecture effectively in today’s modern cloud-dependent infrastructures.