Joe Rosato via plug on 1 May 2022 08:41:53 -0700

[PLUG] RJ45 Cables - crimping

I own this rj45 tester, and am having an odd problem. Long story short running some cable and both 3 and 4 came up blank. Figured I messed up one side, did the dance to replace them and still the same. Grabbed a known good cable and it is doing the same thing. Uhg. Have no idea how the internal electronics of this works - but is that a possible failure state? The tester has had very light usage...

Since the cable run has PoE I thought I did something stupid, even though I made sure the cables were unplugged. But if that was true, PoE for T568-B is on 4,5 and 7,8. Not 3.

I was about to go get some new 9v batteries in the hopes this was some odd "weak battery" problem.

Thoughts?