Joe Rosato via plug on 1 May 2022 08:41:53 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] RJ45 Cables - crimping
- From: Joe Rosato via plug <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [PLUG] RJ45 Cables - crimping
- Date: Sun, 1 May 2022 08:41:47 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20210112; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=6rKl0PYjrljtPBhp+Xz3uahcoC+SPzMQgqjEceRoczA=; b=lI9p0HDchPuo8DaLN+eFKs2S2CmCwVMo1RhLfkP1I4K8A5V9bAlVXtHVgZB89C8KYE f7qIVnSUmjWrxZRLSkM6reSbn7MVIGIBa47A0NYOg1BQcQ9aN7jdF4niAll80gIM1i1+ WA3Ju2LG23MGZ/ci4q0SaZtxhMiU2LTf4CXcCrsZPvZ+1g08Qi2M35IR6M4YnvQQLepZ X32tMkP9DoxhJPGZ5SAiX5UbI9u0oERotnP53cuerkaamg8z91543XgHtM2ZpQtBhbj9 brb+oq5EcP4LjZw3ZJSEQ0Yd6oA6LNYm5Bx9gH/WwRPEOWTxATGHrfiip6b7yQncJQsK oYpg==
- Reply-to: Joe Rosato <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: "plug" <email@example.com>
I own this rj45 tester, and am having an odd problem. Long story short running some cable and both 3 and 4 came up blank. Figured I messed up one side, did the dance to replace them and still the same. Grabbed a known good cable and it is doing the same thing. Uhg. Have no idea how the internal electronics of this works - but is that a possible failure state? The tester has had very light usage...
Since the cable run has PoE I thought I did something stupid, even though I made sure the cables were unplugged. But if that was true, PoE for T568-B is on 4,5 and 7,8. Not 3.
I was about to go get some new 9v batteries in the hopes this was some odd "weak battery" problem.
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug