Steve Litt via plug on 1 May 2022 13:56:38 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Correct Horse Battery Staple

Walt Mankowski via plug said on Sat, 30 Apr 2022 20:26:33 -0400

>These 3 aren't equivalent. Most web browsers these days can generate
>strong passwords and store them securely.

My point exactly. If your web browser becomes borked, there go all your
passwords. If your disk becomes subtly corrupt, how many backups do you
have to go back in order to get things right, and how many new
passwords have gotten garbled? And how do you know which files to
restore, and how to incorporate them, if you back up your data but not
programs?

I'm not saying keyrings are useless, but they're not a panacea either.

SteveT

Steve Litt
March 2022 featured book: Making Mental Models: Advanced Edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mmm